Teardrop pearl earrings tutorial:
These timeless teardrop pearl earrings are beautiful for any occasion. The top drilled teardrop pearl can vary in size to suit your needs. Pearls are available in many different, trendy colors. These earrings can be made from freshwater pearls, shell pearls or even plastic pearls. They will be a great gift for any family member or friend.
What you need:
- 2 top drilled (vertical) teardrop pearls (13 mm pearls)
- 4 round pearls (6mm pearls)
- 2 rondelle crystal spacers (6mm x 2mm)
- headpins (to fit hole of pearls)
- 30 cm (12”) of 0.6mm (22 gauge) silver wire
- 2 french hook earring wires
- round nose pliers
- chain or flat nose pliers
- wire cutters
1. Slide your teardrop pearl onto the headpin.
2. Use your round nose pliers to form a loop above the pearl. Cut off the excess wire with your wire cutters.
3. Grip your piece of wire approx. 2 ½ cm (1 inch) from the end with your round nose pliers. Form a loop. Slide the teardrop pearl onto the loop. Wrap the tail of the wire 2 ½ times around the neck of the loop. Use your wire cutters to cut off the excess wire.
4. Slide a round pearl, rondelle crystal spacer and another pearl onto the wire. Make another wrapped loop above the pearl. Cut off the excess wire with your wire cutters. Open your earring wire, slide your earring onto the loop and close the loop. All done!