Tassel earrings tutorial:
Tassel earrings will add a touch of ancient royalty to your earring collection. You can add any charm and beads to your earring for a different look.
What you need:
- 2 french hook earwires
- 2 medium pearls (6 mm)
- 8 small pearls (4 mm)
- 4 bicone crystal beads (4 mm), clear color
- 2 leaf charms (18 mm)
- 2 jump rings (3 or 4 mm)
- 18” (46 cm) silver chain with links of 2mm
- 12” (30.5 cm) of 0.6 mm (22 gauge) silver wire
- 2 tassel cone bead caps, 7 mm(h) x 5 mm(w)
- round nose pliers
- chain or flat nose pliers
- wire cutters
1. Cut your chain in 4 pieces as follows:
2. Cut off 5 inches (13cm) of wire. Grip your piece of wire approx. 2 ½ cm from the end with your round nose pliers. Form a
3. Slide the 4 pieces of chain from long to short onto the loop.
4. Grip the loop with your chain nose pliers and wrap the tail of the wire 2 ½ times around the neck of the loop. This is called a
Use your wire cutters to cut off the excess wire.
5. Slide your beads onto the headpins.
6. Use your round nose pliers to
form a loop
above each bead. Cut off the excess wire using your wire cutters. Take your chain nose pliers and press the loop to make it even.
7. Attach the beads to the chain links as seen in the photo below, by opening the loop with your round nose pliers. Be careful not to distort the shape of the loop while opening it. Close each loop after attaching it to the right link of the chain.
Open a jump ring
and slide the leaf charm onto it. Attach it to the third link of the shortest piece of chain.
9. Slide the tassel cone bead cap onto the wire and over the loop of chains. Slide a small pearl onto the wire as well.
10. Make a
above the pearl and cut off the excess wire.
11. Open the loop of your earwire and slide the earring onto it. Close the loop. Your tassel earrings are now ready to wear!
Return from tassel earrings to Earring projects.