Long crystal earrings tutorial:
You can make these long crystal earrings from Czech crystals, or you can use some sparkly Swarovski crystals for a touch of glam!
What you need:
- 23” (58cm) of 0.6 mm (22 gauge) silver wire
- 12 mm top drilled (vertical) teardrop crystal bead, clear color
- 2 french hook earwires
- 10 bicone crystal beads (4mm), clear crystals
- 4 small white pearls (4mm)
- 2 small silver round spacer beads (2mm)
- 10 small flower spacer beads (4mm)
- round nose pliers
- chain or flat nose pliers
- wire cutters
1. Slide the teardrop crystal, flower spacer, bicone crystal and small 2mm silver bead onto the headpin.
2. Use your round nose pliers to
form a loop
above the small silver bead. Cut off the excess wire using your wire cutters. Take your chain nose pliers and gently press the loop to make sure that it's perfectly shaped.
3. Cut off 5 inches (13cm) of wire. Grip your piece of wire approx. 2 ½ cm from the end with your round nose pliers. Form a loop. Grip the loop with your chain nose pliers and wrap the tail of the wire 2 ½ times around the neck of the loop. This is called a
. Use your wire cutters to cut off the excess wire.
4. Slide a bicone crystal, flower spacer, pearl, flower spacer followed by a bicone crystal onto the wire. Make another
above the crystal bicone bead.
5. Repeat step 5 to create the second beaded link for your earring.
6. Open the loop of your french hook earwires, slide your earring onto it and close it completely. Your earrings are ready to wear!
Return from Long crystal earrings to Earring projects