Czech crystal earrings tutorial:
Czech crystals are readily available in most bead stores. You will see the Czech crystal earrings in this tutorial have a rainbow prism effect which is called AB color. Czech crystals are very affordable and come in an array of colors.
What you need:
- 2 french hook earwires
- 2 large Czech crystals, 8mm(h) x 10mm(w), color of your choice
- 2 small Czech crystals, 5mm(h) x 8mm(w), color of your choice
- 2 bead caps (10 mm)
- 4 medium silver flower spacers (8 mm)
- 4 small silver flower spacers (4mm)
- 6 small round silver spacer beads (2mm)
- 12” (30.5 cm) of 0.6 mm (22 gauge) silver wire
- round nose pliers
- chain or flat nose pliers
- wire cutters
1. Slide the large crystal, bead cap and 2mm spacer bead onto the headpin.
2. Use your round nose pliers to
form a loop
above the small silver bead. Cut off the excess wire using your wire cutters. Take your chain nose pliers and gently press the loop to make sure that it's perfectly positioned.
3. Your large crystal link will look like this:
4. Cut off 5 inches (13cm) of wire. Grip your piece of wire approx. 2 ½ cm (1 inch) from the end with your round nose pliers. Form a loop. Grip the loop with your chain nose pliers and wrap the tail of the wire 2 ½ times around the neck of the loop. This is called a
. Use your wire cutters to cut off the excess wire.
5. Slide the following beads onto the wire: 2mm round spacer, small flower spacer, medium flower spacer, small Czech crystal, medium flower spacer, small flower spacer and a 2mm round spacer.
6. Make another
above the round spacer bead and cut off the excess wire.
7. Open the loop of your french hook earwires, slide your earring onto it and close it completely. Your Czech crystal earrings are now ready to wear!
There are many different color czech crystals available like the beautiful blue ones in the photo below.