Crystal chandelier earrings tutorial:
These beautiful crystal chandelier earrings look very intricate, but are so easy to make! The only technique you have to master is to be able to make a loop using your round nose pliers. These earrings are so versatile, you can add some pearls and sparkly Swarovski crystals for a special occasion or just wear it with your favourite jeans.
What you need:
- 2 french hook earwires
- 6 medium smoky crystal beads (8mm)
- 6 small smoky crystal beads (5mm)
- 2 smoky bicone crystal beads (4mm)
- 6 small pearls (4mm)
- 8 small flower spacer beads (4mm)
- 6 round silver beads (2mm)
- 6 headpins (2”)
- chandelier component ( 19mm x 17mm)
- round nose pliers
- chain or flat nose pliers
- wire cutters
1. Slide the beads onto the headpins as shown in the photo below. End each headpin with a small spacer bead.
2. Use your round nose pliers to
form a loop
above the spacer bead of each headpin. Use your wire cutters to cut off the excess wire. Take your chain nose pliers and gently press the loop to make sure that it's perfectly positioned.
3. Open the loop of each headpin using your round nose pliers, without distorting the shape of the loop. Attach the headpins in the correct order to the chandelier component and close the loops completely.
4. Open the loop of your earring wire and slide the chandelier component onto it. Close the loop . Well done, your crystal chandelier earrings are ready to wear!
You can add a few crystals to create longer earrings, or change the color and beads of the design to suit your needs. Be creative and design something you love!