Coin pearl earrings tutorial:
Coin pearls like the ones in these elegant coin pearl earrings are quickly becoming very fashionable. The large textured rings emphasize the beautiful round shape of the coin pearls. You can add a ring or two for a longer earring. Coin pearls come in many different colors, some natural and others dyed.
What you need:
- 2 coin pearls (12 mm)
- 2 large textured silver rings (12 mm)
- headpins (to fit hole of pearls)
- 6 jump rings (4 mm)
- 2 jump rings (2 mm)
- 2 french hook earring wires
- round nose pliers
- chain or flat nose pliers
- wire cutters
1. Slide your coin pearl onto the headpin.
2. Use your round nose pliers to
form a loop
above the pearl. Wrap the tail of the wire 2 ½ times around the neck of the loop. Use your wire cutters to cut off the excess wire.
Open a 4 mm jump ring
, and slide the loop of the wrapped coin pearl as well as the large ring onto the jump ring. Close the jump ring in the same way as you’ve opened it. Attach another 4 mm jump ring to the large ring, followed by a 2 mm jump ring.
4. Open your earring wires, slide the small jump ring onto the loop and close the loop. All done, your coin pearl earrings are ready to wear!